Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Stupid Swine Flu




I hate swine flu, I am on my second week out of work because of it. Ash has it now, he has it bad though. He has been down for 3 days straight, doesn't want to eat, is very clingy and basically sleeps a lot. He slept more than he was awake yesterday. On Monday he wasn't that bad, he had no tempature just a nasty cough and I hadn't felt great myself, so I stayed home and we lounged. Then Tuesday I went to work and got a call at 9:30, his temp was 100.9, by the time we got to the doc it was 101.8, so he wasn't doing good,they diagnosed him with swine flu after checking and making sure it wasn't strep. He came home at 12 and slept until 6 last night, got up for about 30 mins and went back to sleep for another 2 hours and then woke up to go to the bathroom and went back to sleep until midnight when he came in my room crying that he hurt. I checked his tempature and it was a 102.3, gave him some Motrin, tucked him in bed and he slept until 7:30 this morning when he came in my room with a tummy ache and threw up all over (SORRY TMI). Poor guy is miserable, he then slept from 8 until 12 today and now he has been awake for about an hour cuddling with me and watching cartoon network. I hate seeing my kids sick, it breaks my heart. The bad thing is that Ashton was treated with Tamiflu two weeks ago when Lexi had it, but he still got it. Other bad thing is that Bob had to go to 4 different places just to find the Tamiflu, I was beginning to get really sick when he called me for the third time and said they didn't have it. But we got it and he is taking it and will hopefully be better before this weekend.

P.S. I had to throw in a cute picture of him, because I love his cute face and sometimes I just stare in amazement that he is mine forever.

2 comments:

Sunset Stanley said...

I hope he gets better soon! That flu is nasty and it sucks that he still got it after taking the medicine. Hopefully this is the last that your family will see of it!

Eric and Jenny said...

Poor little guy, I am so sorry it is going around your house, that can't be any fun and probably some stress for you. I just went and got my kids immunized for it today I am just praying it will keep them from coming down with it.