Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Five months




I say this every month and I will probably say it every month and every year. Time flies! I find it so hard to believe she is already 5 months old. Its just nuts and yet everyday she continues to amaze me. She is my little fighter. She fights like no one I have ever seen before. She brings a smile to my face and makes me proud to be her Mom. I love her to pieces and pieces, there isn't anything I wouldn't do for her and I hope she knows that and if not right now, one day she will.

Lexi has had an eventful month and here are some things about my little girl:

1. She started solids and boy is she a PICKY eater. The girl only likes Carrots, Applesauce, pears and occasionally sweet potatoes. She won't eat rice, only oatmeal. She loves her oatmeal with anything. She hates Green beans, Peas and squash. I hoping she grows out of this and that we can try them again soon.



2. She rolls everywhere. I will put her in her crib one way and she will be another way when I get her in the morning.

3. She overcame Swine Flu, I say overcame, because many people have died from it. But she is doing very well. She still hasn't had any syptoms and she is my happy girl again.

4. She took on thumb sucking full time, if her thumb ain't in her mouth than food or a bottle is. She loves her thumb and every time I check on her during nap time or bed time its in her mouth. I know I think its cute now, but will I in about 4 months, we will see.

5. She has a very funny personality, she loves to giggle and smile. She talks to herself and its hilarious, except at 3am in the morning when she carries on a conversation and I can hear it over the monitor for an hour. Just kidding, I love it!!!

6. She has grown out of all her newborn and 0-3 month clothes, it makes me sad. I also looked at all her preemie outfits the other day and wondered how she was ever that small, well she was.

7. She holds her head up so good now, she looks everywhere and is always interested in what is going on.



Heart Condition: Nothing has changed, its not closing up, but its not getting worse, I am not sure how to take, if I should take it has good news and be thankful she isn't getting worse or cry because I know that if it doesn't heal, then its surgery. Its a difficult situation and as much as I try not to think about it, it hurts. But for right now, I will enjoy and love my baby girl forever.

Happy 5 Month Birthday my baby girl!

1 comment:

Eric and Jenny said...

I just remembered this I have a friend who had a baby at 30 weeks he had a heart murmur too due to an open PDA it was still there at age 2 and 3 months later it finally closed up on it's own. Try not to worry about it, it will all work out, though easier said than done I know.