Tuesday, June 11, 2013

The last SEVEN years

Can't believe my baby boy turns 7 years old tomorrow.  I remember the day he was born.  He had gotten stuff in his lungs and it was 4 hrs before I even got to see him.  He was perfect in every way.  Since day 1 Ashton has been a Mama's boy and I'm okay with that and I hope it never changes.  Jaxon has a special bond with my Mom and Lex is a Daddy's girl.  So to have Ashton as a Mama's boy is just fine.  He protects me, loves me, never goes a day without telling me and looks up to me.  He is also my free spirit, he is a very spiritual boy and has many questions about life after death. 

Our conversation this morning:

Him:  "Mom, if God is bigger than everything, how does he fit here?"

Me:  "Well Ashton, God created everything!"

Him:  "And I love him for that!"

He wants to know about heaven, Jesus, the bible and I love that about him. 

Don't get me wrong, this boy can be stubborn as all get out, but he has the biggest heart. 

I can't believe its been seven years and now he is headed to second grade.  Every year gets harder for me, life just goes too quickly.  I want to freeze time right now because my kids are all at the stage where life is so exciting and they are learning so much.  I love this stage in life. 









Happy 7th Birthday to my boy, love you to the moon and back a million billion times.

No comments: