Friday, May 30, 2008

WHY????

Today has not been a very fun day and I wish the news was better, but its not. It all started when I found out that one of my friends lost her daughter earlier this month. I was torn into two directions, one being very very very sad and upset and the other one being thankful. I am thankful because you never realize how blessed you are to have healthy kids until see someone so young and precious pass away. Its kind of like your Mom always telling you that you will know how she felt when you have kids, thats this feeling. I hate it, I hate that a little child has to suffer and a parent has to experience it, if I ever get super powers (I know I am being stupid), but I would take all the pain, suffering and hate away.
Then I call one of my co-workers who I look up to quite a bit, she always reassures that everything is okay. Well she is telling me about how she went to school to pick up her son and noticed this little boy sitting by himself and everyone else is gathered around signing yearbooks and he is just sitting there. It broke her heart as it did mine when she was telling me this, she said she had tears in her eyes, because she could only imagine how he felt. This goes back to my friends daughter who had to be taken out of school because people were making fun of her. WHY? Why do we make fun of people, we are all the same, we all have feelings. If there is anything I wish to teach my kids its that it does not matter what you look like, what color you are, what religion you are or what disability you have, we are all the same and all have feelings, some people may show it different or never express it, but deep down inside it really hurts. I know I am guilty of making fun of people once in my life and I can promise everyone and myself that I will never do it again.

Okay, now that I have gotten that out I feel better. Thanks for listening to me and remember to cherish everyday with your kids/Family, you never know when it will be the last.

4 comments:

Tiff and Chris said...

Thats so sad. I know that I am with you on teaching kids to be nice, no matter what. What area of Texas does your family live in? I will look you up for sure if I'm ever in Utah!

Clemments Family said...

They live in Saginaw, Ft. Worth Dallas area, where are you at???

Thiago & Teri said...

Yuck..that breaks my heart. Everytime I hear about a child passing away, you can't help but imagine that being your own. What makes me feel really bad, is that I will hear this story be sad for a second, and go on with my life. But for those parents that was their life, and they can't move on. Doesn't seem fair, and it scares me too. You are sweet to type that up, it does make you stop and really think about others...and most of all be grateful for what we have. thanks for the reminder.

Brea Marie said...

Sierra, I had no idea you have a blog! Your family is so cute! Glad to be able to catch up more than what myspace offers. Thanks for this post, it really made me sit back and think.