Thursday, March 19, 2009

Fire Station and Baby update

One of the guys that Bob works is a volunteer firefighter for the South Weber Fire Department and he invited us down to show the boys around. Jax has been excited from the moment he found out and has been counting down the days and hours. When we arrived he showed us around the offices and stuff. The picture below is the only thing Ashton would go near, he was NOT afraid of the dummy at all. But you can forget about everything else.



We then headed out to the fire station part where all the fire trucks are, I think I was even educated a little today. I knew that being a firefighter took a lot of time and dedication, but I didn't realize everything that came with it. We seen the BIG RED fire truck that took up the whole garage in length, the yellow fire truck which was a little smaller, the paramedic truck, a fire truck used for forest fires and many more things. It was quite the experience and Jaxon is already asking when he can go back. Ashton on the other hand thought he was in jail and wanted out. Silly Boy!!!

They even ended up with a little souvenoir to remember their time there and Ashton was happy with that. Thanks Travis for the tour and letting us waste an hour of your time.



And last but certainly not least, I went to my doctor appt yesterday, I have been really sick with the flu all week and have spent everyday in bed except today. They moved my due date back a week, because Lexi is smaller than we though, to say I was shocked is an understatement, because I didn't think I made small babies. She weighs 2LBS 3OZ and they had me at 28 weeks, apparently thats too little especially since they are going to take her at 37 weeks. Nothing too bad, I just move back to my original date of June 4th. She is very healthy and everything looks good, I really am getting so anxious for her arrival its killing me. But I also still have a lot to do and a lot of fun things coming up. I promise to have pictures of her room completed up soon. I also cannot stay away from the little girl section at Target, Old Navy or Baby's R Us, she will definately have outfits to last all summer long.

1 comment:

Thiago & Teri said...

Such a fun activity for your boys...carson would have absolutely LOVED that! Poor Ashton, so sad that he was a little nervous.

As far as your baby girl thing goes, it is probably a good thing I don't have a girl yet. I think I would get into some serious trouble buying all the pink and frills and all that fun stuff. So dang cute!