Saturday, October 18, 2008

Why Mom?

I remember having the why questions...why can't I go to my friends? why can't I go to the mall? why can't I go to this party? No these are not Jaxon's questions yet, but he does have the "why" questions. Yesterday he wanted to know if he could go for a bike ride by himself. I had to sit down and explain to him why he couldn't go for a bike ride alone. I think he understand, but he tried to tell me he was big and that he would be okay. I remember putting my Mom and Dad through this and its just so weird to think about it. Whenever I say something to Jaxon or he asks me something and I tell him he can't to do it, he says "why". Being a parent is a challenging thing, you never stop worrying about your kids whether their a newborn, 2, 4 or 24. I worry about what my kids will learn from others, what they will say, how they will treat people, if they will understand things, I worry about what they'll do when their older, will they drive fast or wreckless, will they wear their seatbelt, will they treat girls right and will they still love me no matter what. I know I control most of these answers, but the questions always comes back, am I doing it right? Is someone doing it better? What can I learn from others? Its crazy!

Today I took the boys up to snowbasin to take pictures in the leaves, I love the leaves, but their just not as bright and colorful as the past years. The snow did some damage, but I still love the fresh air and the wildlife.













2 comments:

Eric and Jenny said...

I know it is so scary thinking about what your children will grow up to be. While changing diapers and running after them all day is exhausting it seems far worse as they get older and our less reliant on us and you have to start trusting their judgement and what you have taught them, scary! I agree the leaves are not as pretty this year i think that every time I drive through the canyon from Logan to Layton, still pretty but missing something.

The Browns said...

Holy crap your boys are adoreable. I had no idea you were married. Congrats! You and your hubby are so cute together. No wonder your kids are so cute. What a beautiful fam.