Thursday, May 13, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday Lexi!!!





This day 1 year ago is still all to fresh, I try to forget about all the pain and heartache I went through to get my baby girl here safe and sound. Then I remember those two very long weeks of going back and forth 4-6 times a day to feed and check on my little girl and it brings me to tears. I can't believe its been a year. But I have learned so much in the past year and I think my heart is stronger than ever before. I have so many things I would love to say, but the most important is thanking all the people who prayed for my Princess on a daily basis when she was in the hospital and then with her heart condition. Prayers work and no one will EVER tell me different. If they didn't my little girl may not be here today and she is.

I don't think I wanted this day to come because it means so many things. I no longer have a little baby that loves to be cuddled and held. I will no longer get to celebrate a 1st birthday after this one, even though I get to celebrate many more birthdays with all my kids. Its just something about what you know is your last child growing up. Lexi is clearly my last, I have known this since I got pregnant with her and it became more real after I had her. All of her firsts were lasts for me, the last time I would see my child do that for the first time. So I am happy that Lexi is here and doing so good, but I am sad that my baby is growing up. She no longer wants to be held for 4 hrs straight (YES, I am guilty of doing this), she no longer wants to be fed by me, she no longer wants me to entertain her, instead she can entertain herself or her brothers can.

Words cannot describe how much this little girl means to me. All my kids are my world, I love die for them, fight for them and I breathe for them. They mean everything! Lexi has far accomplished more than doctors ever believed she would at her age.

Currently Lexi is in the 50% for weight (highest percentile she has ever been in for weight), she is 90% for height and 50% for her little head. Its amazing, since her little heart healed she has done so good, she eats good, she is gaining weight, she is more active and she just feels good. She is almost walking, she will take a few steps and decide crawling is easier. She says "Mama", "Daddy", "Uh oh" and "yuck". She likes to tell us "UM MM", basically NO!!! She gets into everything and I mean everything, she tears up paper, books and anything laying around. She likes to follow her brothers around the house and play with them. She climbs on anything and everything. She goes up and down stairs. She loves food including crackers (Ritz flavor), chicken, turkey, green beans, corn, carrots (her favorite), apples (diced for babies), yogurt, cheese and she will actually drink milk (woo hoo). She is a Mama's girl, probably because she knows I have been there every step of the way, not that her Dad hasn't, but when Bob was sick, I took care of her all by myself everyday. She currently has an obsession with baby dolls, its cute and I am glad she likes girly things. She loves to be outside and right now she HATES the car, she screams in it. She still takes 2 naps a day, morning and afternoon. She is on a bedtime schedule and still sleeps through the night unless she has an ear ache, which has been frequent lately (not anymore after next Wednesday).

Lexi, thanks for lighting up our lives and teaching us what life is all about, you have the sweetest personality and I am so glad you are mine. Happy Birthday Princess, you definately show us that you are the littlest and the girl. We love you to the moon and back a million times over and over.




1 month



2 months



3 months



4 months



5 months



6 months



7 months



8 months



9 months



10 months



11 months



AND 12 months.

More to come...we are celebrating on Saturday with a cupcake theme. I can't wait, love this little girl!!!

2 comments:

Thiago & Teri said...

Happy B-day little Lex!!! Can't believe she is already one, can't these babies slow down. She has come so far in her little life and I am so glad she is such a healthy, HAPPY little girl. What a great mom you are, your babies are so blessed.

Eric and Jenny said...

That picture of her at I think 10 months? where she is holding the bottle she looks so much like Jaxon, it's the eyes. I have never noticed it before. I can't believe she is one, this year has flown by. Have a wonderful birthday weekend celebrating, what fun, she is the most darling little one year old!