Monday, March 31, 2014

Sober

Many people don't know the struggles Bob has been through in life.  The demon he has been battling with for the last 20+ years.  Bob hadn't gone 1 day sober for the last 20+ years minus when he had open heart surgery.  I didn't really know what it was like to have a sober Husband.  Many people question why I stayed with Bob.  The truth is, I knew Bob was capable of something better, but he couldn't do it on MY time, it had to be HIS.

He literally woke up one morning and decided that he didn't want to be that person anymore.  He set up a meeting with our Pastor and he hit it COLD TURKEY.  Its amazing what the power of faith can do.  I didn't believe at first that he could go cold turkey and honestly I was scared out of my mind.  He came home after his meeting with our Pastor, handed me his bank cards and credit cards and told me he was 110% determined to do this and that he knew he'd have to give those to me in order to conquer that.

A week went by and nothing at all.  No alcohol whatsoever.  It was amazing.  When you give your life completely to the Lord, amazing things happen. 

Bob drank A LOT of tomato juice with weird things in it the first couple of weeks.


This is just an example of one of his drinks.  Tomato juice, with olives and celery.  Hey, whatever gets you by right?

Today, its been almost 2 months and he is COMPLETELY sober.  I'm so proud of him.  Although he has been super ornery at times, we still love the sober guy way more than anything else.

No comments: